Message from Head
The 2019–2020 school year was something none of us could imagine – completing a trimester with remote learning. We learned and connected in new ways, we missed being on campus and missed being together.
What remained consistent was the same Hilltop community that is forever embracing learning, accepting change, developing responsibility, and building confidence and they progress throughout the school year.I am so proud of our achievements:
- Hilltop’s first Ethics Bowl Team received the Margot Meyer Award for Ethical Excellence
- The Technology Student Association Officers earned second place in the state leadership collaborative design challenge
- 5th Grader Cameron Clifford is the chapter winner for the DAR American History Essay Contest
- Sixth-grader Nicholas Kallopoulos earned third place in the state for his historical essay on the Voyage of the Mayflower
- Hilltop Geo Bee champ Ben Janiszewski qualified to compete in the state Geo Bee championship
- Third-grader, Anna Fraser is Hilltop’s school champ for Who’s Who History Bee and awaiting state-level results
We celebrate our retirees Mr. Michael Umstead who who spent 22 years as Hilltop’s science teacher, student council advisor and Mrs. Nan Katzenbach who taught history and library for 25 years.
Prekindergarten teacher Ms. Sam Rush and Preschool Mrs. Christine DeStefano were nominated for their integrated technology lessons at the early childhood level during remote learning.
Math and Engineering Teacher Harrison D’Amico ’09 was the recipient of the 2020 NJ Technology and Engineering Educators Association Emerging Leader Award.